Date(s) - Tue, Apr 11 2017
7:00 pm - 9:30 pm EDT
Add this Yuri's Night to my:
Event Website: https://airandspace.si.edu/events/yuris-night-celebration
Smithsonian National Air and Space Museum
Celebrate Yuri’s Night with the Smithsonian Institution at the National Air and Space Museum in downtown Washington, DC on April 11! We will explore the one true pairing—SPACE and BEER. The brewers at Ninkasi Brewing Company aren’t just brewers of delicious craft beer, they’re super space geeks as well. In 2014, the brewery’s co-founders started the Ninkasi Space Program. Its first mission: send brewer’s yeast to space on a rocket, return it safely to Earth, and use it to brew beer.
- Enjoy paired food and beer tastings of five Ninkasi beers, culminating with a taste of Ground Control, a barrel aged imperial stout fermented with the Ale yeast that went to space and back.
- Hear stories about the Ninkasi Space Program from Ninkasi’s brewer and co-founder Jamie Floyd
- Learn about human spaceflight from museum curator Cathy Lewis.
- Test your knowledge with space and beer themed trivia.
- Dance to a DJ surrounded by artifacts related to Yuri Gagarin and other space explorers!
This is a ticketed event!
Tickets cost $45 per person and must be purchased in advance using the ticket form.
Each ticket includes five beer tastings and food pairings!
Must be 21 or older to attend.