Explore the cosmos with a 3 part series in April examining all dimensions of Space – Past, Present and Future.
Get trippy as NightLife travels far out with art, performances, and ideas inspired by the future of life in space.
—–> Choreographer Katerina Wong presents Speck, a dance performance about humans, space exploration, and the connections between them, using sounds from the Voyager Golden Record and other NASA missions.
—–> Explore the future of space virtually with one of Dream Logic’s experiential VR art shows.
—–> The NorCal Mars Society will bring a replica of the hard-working, selfie-taking Mars Rover.
—–> Will there be yoga on Mars? See what it might be like to do a downward dog while looking out at the cosmos with yoga sessions in “space.”
—–> Imagine a future with your very own astromech droid when the Bay Area R2 Buildersswing by with R2-D2 and friends.
—–> Create the extraterrestrial of your dreams with a “draw-your-own-alien” workshop from Paint Pens Collective and test illustrator (and NightLife artist) Nigel Sussman’s imagination with an otherworldly request for him to draw.
—–> See the Academy transformed with spacey projections by Colin Harrington around the building. Learn about the future of NASA’s Kepler mission and dive into the cosmic mysteries of dark matter and dark energy with a screening of Dark Universe in the planetarium.
- Hurry! Last entry for our Rainforest dome is at 7:45 pm. Please note: drinks are not allowed inside the Rainforest exhibit.
- Thirsty? Each bar area features a unique seasonal cocktail—there are multiple bars throughout the museum.
- Special programs and lectures may have limited seating and admission will also be made available to visitors on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Planetarium passes are available on a first-come, first-served basis. Early event arrival is strongly recommended due to limited capacity and high demand for passes.
FOOD & DRINK
- A variety of food options are available at NightLife from 6:00-9:30 pm, including The Academy Cafe, The Terrace Bar and Restaurant, and The Academy Cafe Food Cart located in the front lobby.
- Enjoy a different fresh seasonal “craft on draft” cocktail at each NightLife bar area designed by our resident mixologist Shane McKnight!
All bars accept cash and credit cards.